It’s been quite a while since I last posted a round of Tuesday Truths ….. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do. Let’s get this truth-sharing party started:
1. It’s so unbelievably awesome to see little green patches of grass growing in our yard. Last night, a couple of small thunderstorms and rain showers passed over our area. It rained hard enough that our satellite TV went out for about 30 minutes …. but the sound was so refreshing to my soul (not to mention our yard) that I didn’t mind.
2. I waste an incredible amount of time and energy on people and relationships that reciprocate nothing in return.
3. I want neighbors who, in times of need (i.e. last Friday night when I realized I was completely out of tea bags and had a caffeine-deprived headache from H-E-double-hockey-sticks), give a darn. Fortunately, two houses nearby are for sale. Please, somebody NICE buy them. Please.
4. Lately, I’ve allowed comparisons to steal my joy.
5. My mother and Neenie (dad’s mother) are coming to visit Husband and I this weekend. I will start cleaning our house today. It’s going to take me a while. This is a good time to clean baseboards, ceiling fans, cabinetry, and take a few bags of unwanted items to the local Goodwill.
6. There are two cutie-patooties at church, ages 3 and 6, who’ve taken a particular liking to me and call me “The Cupcake Lady.” They love that I have a mini-cupcake maker and have named themselves official taste-testers of anything baked and topped with icing. I’m still deciding which flavor creation(s) to bake for the Halloween / Fall Festival / Trunk-or-Treat at church later this month. Afterall, I have junior judges that take their cupcakes seriously. I don’t want to disappoint.
7. I’m becoming more and more addicted to Pinterest. Last week, I had around 250 pins. Right now, I have 667. Don’t judge me.
8. FIDDLE FART ….. don’t know who came up with this word, but I like it. A lot.
Me: Go feed, but come right back. Supper’s ready.
(twenty minutes later)
Me: Stop fiddle-fartin’ outside and come eat before supper gets cold!!!!!
Husband: Oh yeah?! Well you fiddle-fart on Pinterest.
Me: Don’t go there.
9. Two weeks ago, I began leading a six-week DVD series with my Sunday School class. I’ve never been so nervous in my life. I’m still nervous. Sick-to-my-stomach nervous.
10. The forecast for today is sunny and breezy with temps in the low to mid-60s. I’m doing the Happy Dance. I’m really hoping Husband goes to the roping pen tonight for the specific reason that I can wear my hoodie sweatshirt. YEAAAA!!!!!!
Carry on about your day …… and if you feel so inclined to do so, please share a Tuesday Truth (or two, or four, or ten) with the rest of us.