Four days ago I apologized to my blog readers for including URL addresses in the body of my posts instead of underlined text with URL links. I assumed it was USER error. This afternoon, I realized it might be SYSTEM error. If this is an error in my judgement, I will re-post with a correction. At this particular moment, I believe WordPress.com has issues it needs to address immediately.
I feel the need to justify my intelligence for WordPress.com staff.
- I went to preschool at Lollipop Campus.
- I graduated the sixth grade at Robards Elementary School.
- I graduated the eighth grade at Clay Elementary School.
- I graduated from Webster County High School with an honors diploma.
- In 2006, I graduated from Texas A&M University – Commerce with a Bachelor’s degree in journalism and public relations with a minor in marketing.
- Two months ago, I became a Certified Teacher with the State of Texas.
It has come to my attention through WordPress Support Forums that I am NOT the only customer experiencing difficulties with their blog service. Since Saturday, I have been unable to add or edit links in blog posts. Instead of appearing as an educated, intelligent, and capable blogger who “links” her text, I have included full URL addresses in parenthesis. This is extremely annoying. And it makes me look like an idiot.
I am not an idiot.
I am an educated woman with the ability to highlight text, click the “add link” icon, type in the URL address, and click OK. I’ve submitted a Help Forum post explaining this issue and within two hours received 12 replies from other WP users about similar complaints. It’s nice to know I’m not alone.
Please, WordPress, fix the links icon so I can get on with my life.