I have so much to get done ~ my to-do list is a mile long ~ but instead, I’m throwing caution to the wind and writing this post. Why would I do that?
The washer is running, the dryer just beeped, dishes in the dishwasher need to be put away, and I have yet to pack a single thread of clothing for my trip to Kentucky – I’m leaving for Austin tomorrow afternoon and I fly out early Friday morning. I have the final night of VBS at the Fort Worth Community Center tonight too, so I’ve got TONS of time on my hands….yeah right!
It seems all I’ve been thinking about lately is food, food prep, food photography, etc. etc. etc. Quick question for you: Choose your favorite type of cookware.
If you could have just one, which would you choose and why:
Le Creuset cast iron
Personally, I’d love to have BOTH – but that’s not one of your answer choices!
I love the durability and tradition of stainless steel, but I also love the rustic charm and festive colors available with cast iron. My dream kitchen has a variety of Le Creuset pieces placed all around….yeah, I’m a big dreamer. As far as price, holy smokes I have expensive taste! The All-Clad stainless steel cookware set retails for over $900.00 – and that’s the SALE price. The Le Creuset cookware set retails for $430.00 – that’s a sale price too. Holy snickerdoodles, that’s a lot of money for pots and pans!
I wish I could say, “Hey, leave a comment and enter for a chance to win your choice of fantastic cookware.” but I cannot. I’m sorry. Maybe ~ hopefully ~ one of these days when I’m in the Big Leagues of Bloggers, Le Creuset and All-Clad will give me their products. Until that glorious day, I’m just gonna slobber on my laptop and wish I had their cookware.
Want some random crap from my life…..here’s some completely useless information:
- I’m a kick-butt kind of wife. I can weld metal pipe fence, construct a portable building, assemble a carport, hammer, paint, and replace the wood flooring in a bumper-pull trailor. Yeah, I kick butt and take names…..all while smiling real big like Polly Freakin’ Anna.
- I’ve done more errand-running the past three days than I have in my entire life. I’m tired. Mothers are my heroes, I don’t see how they do all that they do. If I had a hat on right now, I’d take it off and give it to them. However, as much as I’ve done, laundry is not finished and my suitcase for Kentucky is NOT packed.
- I’m really hungry for sushi.
- In November, I’m going to help a friend help another friend by taking pictures at a wedding. My friend was asked to take pictures of the small ceremony and I could tell she was really nervous about it. I’m by no means a professional, I don’t think I qualify as “amateur” even, but I offered to take my camera along and snap some photos too. Who doesn’t like weddings anyway? It’ll be fun, I’m looking forward to the opportunity.
- If you live underneath a rock, then you probably don’t realize how bad the drought in Texas is right now. When I say it’s bad, I’m not fooling around. We have not mowed our yard since the first week of May….today is July 13. I bought a set of ferns in April and promised myself that I would take care of them. I failed. Miserably.
- The financial institution that had my car loan is acting like a bunch of idiots and I told them that over the phone today. I paid off my car loan in June and I was promised the process would be expedited if I paid in cash. So I did. Almost a month later and I don’t have my car’s title. WTH? Why would you send an important document (i.e. vehicle title) in the regular mail without a tracking number or delivery confirmation? I told the woman on the phone that the company she works for is ridiculously idiotic. She agreed. However, my problem of receiving my car’s title is not solved. Ughhhhhhhhhh.
- Another ridiculously stupid, and idiotic company: American Airlines. I could have flown from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) airport directly to Evansville (IN), Nashville (TN), or Louisville (KY) round-trip for $500. However, if I drive two hours south to Austin and board a plane to any of these destinations, the price is $220. Guess where the connection lands……DFW. So yeah, I’m driving my Polly-Freakin’-Anna self to Austin tomorrow afternoon and staying with my best friend who’s dropping me off at the airport early Friday morning to get on a plane, fly to DFW, and board another plane to Nashville, where my Lovely Mother will retrieve me at 1:32 pm. It. Makes. No. Sense. But hey, I save at least $230 (gas to drive to Austin will cost me at least $50) in airfare alone. I’ll spend that on food instead……take the parents out to dinner and treat them nice.
- I ate lunch at Qdoba today and spoke with the manager about the possibility of hosting a GIVEAWAY for a gift-card. I’ll let you know what he and his Marketing Manager say. Who could so “no” to me? PUH-LEASE!
- After lunch, I went next door to the nail place and had them cut off the “talons” that had overwhelmed my little hands. I told my sweet friend, Erica, that I was going to Kentucky to work in my Daddy’s garden and a pretty French mani was NOT going to cut the mustard. So, she opted just to paint a light coat of acrylic on top until I return from Kentucky and Haiti. She’s a smart cookie. Aren’t they pretty? Yes, I thought so too!
- I have successfully wasted an hour blogging and playing with my camera that it’s now time to leave for church, drive the van to Fort Worth, and entertain some of the AWESOMEST kids ever. It’s been wonderful to be in fellowship with these children and share a Vacation Bible School with them. I can’t wait to share photos and stories with you.
Don’t forget to share your choice of cookware and, by all means, share a random thought from your brain too while you’re here. Might as well, I’ll be listening.